Monday, October 4, 2010

Timed Running Workout #1

Time yourself to either be competitive with your workout partner(s) or keep it for yourself for comparison. Remember to always stretch before and after you work out.

Equipment
Football (or other) field OR cardio equipment

Routine
Repeat the exercise below 6x.

Exercise

Outdoors: On a field you need to sprint the long side, then jog the short side, then sprint the other long side, the walk the other short side.

Indoors: A lap around a field is usually 0.25 miles. On a treadmill or other cardio machine, sprint 0.1 miles, jog 0.03 miles, sprint 0.1 miles, and then walk 0.02 miles. Do this 6x for your workout, ending at 1.5 miles total.

2 comments:

  1. FAIL! I did this at the gym on the treadmill. I warmed up for 5 minutes, then did the first three rounds to the letter. I walked for 5 minutes, and then did the 4th round. Then I fell apart and sprinkled in lots of walking. All in all it took me about 25 minutes (not counting the warm up), which is really long.

    The good part is that for at least my first three rounds, I know my pace was good. I did 6 for the sprint parts, 4.8 for the jog parts, and 3 for the walking parts.

    Next time we do this, my goal will be to not have breaks and to do all 6 back-to-back. Then I'll start comparing times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I compared my time to the one I had listed from our workouts before. And, I was much slower (18 minutes rather than 10 minutes) :). It's okay, that is why we are starting again.

    ReplyDelete